Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why I am a future BOSS!!

My trip back to the Philippines was really great for me! It was great personally and professionally also! I know now why I am the way I am!! Why I have a strong character for business and why I’m always “caring”. I haven’t been back to the Philippines for over 12 years and the last time I went there was for my grandfather’s death.

When I got to see all my family, from both sides of my family; I see how much of a business person they are. They own a lot of business out there. Most of them are good business and some are bad. Bad meaning morally bad, but I see them making a good amount of money still. One of my uncles owns a company and is so well off, he hardly works anymore. The business just works for him now. All he does is go to the gym and hang around the coffee shop. One of my young cousins out there owns piggery and a karaoke bar! He seems to be doing pretty well for him and his family! From seeing all that, I now see why I am hungry everyday to succeed! It’s just in me!! Its not just one day, I want to do start a business. It’s been in my family line for a while. One of my uncle said it doesn’t matter what kind of business you have, as long as it is successful. That is how you will get respected around your communities. If you love what you do, being stressed out is easy!

So, from the last time I visited Manila; it as grew and changed so much. Just going out around town was crazy! The hip hop scene is pretty big out there. I was able to go to the Chris Brown/Rihanna concert and there was over 70k people watching the show and another 10k outside listening to the show. It’s crazy how music can grow all over and music is pretty much the national language of the youth. The clubs out there was cracking also! Club Embassy was one of the nicest clubs I’ve been too. It can shut down most of the clubs in SF. When you think of a third world country, you think of a piece of shit country, but you can hardly say that about Manila. Don’t get me wrong, there are still parts of Manila where you won’t bare to walk the streets on. But more than half of the area, you can pretty much walk and go around. There are a lot of Phil-am and people from other countries moving to the Philippines. Your dollar does go a long way out there! I did get sick out there, but who doesn’t from what everybody tells me. I never got so sick in my life and felt like shit also! Overall, I had a great time out there and got to know myself a little bit more. I was able to work on some business there also! I do plan on coming back sometime early next year!! Watch out!! My international take over is in place!! Haha!

1 comment:

A Geek's Thoughts said...

Back in 1999, Going to the PI only added to a drive I've had for a LONG time.

What I've learned in the kind of business I've ran for YEARS is the fact that the true workers are much easier to spot. Most real business people don't have much drama (if any) and pretty much just do it.

While the money side is always great, what really matters more is the satisfaction you get in helping others. If you study even the most successful people in the world, you realize how the guys with the most money do the most for society (i.e. Gates, Warren Buffet, etc.)

In regards to the kind of business, it's totally true - it doesn't matter. Original ideas don't matter, only its execution.

This blog is inspiring. Check mine out - radcastro.com. I'm in the middle of overhauling it soon along with a gazillion other sites.